HEAD GUARD APPLICATION
This application is intended for interested employees who currently work for Clearwater Pool Management. Submission by external applicants will be discarded. If you have not been previously employed by Clearwater Pool Management, please fill out the lifeguard application or maintenance application.
Once you have completed the application, please be sure to click the “Submit” button. Following successful submission, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you a member of our staff has received, and is reviewing, your application.
Joining our team as the Head Lifeguard offers an exciting opportunity to lead a dedicated team of lifeguards, ensuring the safety and well-being of our patrons. If you possess the necessary qualifications, leadership abilities, and a passion for water safety, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated individual to join our team as a Head Lifeguard. As the Head Lifeguard, you will oversee the lifeguard team at your pool and ensure the safety of all patrons at the facility. You will take the lead on coaching new staff and training them on tasks to Clearwater’s standards. You will be responsible for enforcing pool rules and regulations, responding effectively to emergencies, taking the lead on difficult situations, and managing inventory and guest pass money. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership skills, strong attention to detail, and extensive knowledge of lifeguarding techniques. The goal is to provide consistency at designated locations to create a harmonious work environment and standard experience for all patrons. Bottom line: you’re in charge. When things go wrong, we’ll come to you for an explanation with the expectation it will not happen again.
Job Compensation and Benefits
- Starting at $15/hr, more with experience.
- Consistent Schedule.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the lifeguard team, ensuring they are trained, informed, and equipped to handle emergency situations. This includes correcting inappropriate or unsafe behavior or techniques.
- Assigning tasks to other lifeguards, such as cleaning restrooms, cleaning tiles, cleaning skimmer pots, sweeping the deck, etc.
- Prioritizing maintenance tasks to keep other staff productive.
- Monitor pool areas to ensure the safety of all patrons, identifying potential hazards and taking preventive measures.
- Create consistency through rule enforcement, pass/access enforcement, experience, and expectations.
- Enforce pool rules and regulations, maintaining a professional and approachable demeanor while interacting with guests.
- Respond promptly and effectively to any emergencies or accidents, providing first aid and lifesaving techniques as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of incidents, accidents, and pool maintenance activities, submitting reports to the appropriate authorities or management.
- Provide excellent customer service, addressing guest inquiries, concerns, and feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage guest money where required.
- Valid lifeguard certification from a recognized organization.
- Extensive knowledge of water safety, lifeguarding techniques, CPR, first aid, and emergency response procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with guests, staff, and management.
- Ability to remain calm, composed, and decisive in emergency or difficult situations.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize duties.
- Uphold a high professional standard, including communications with other staff.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays, based on operational needs.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare reports as required.
- Compliance with all safety guidelines and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Will be held responsible for any issues that arise during scheduled shifts. This includes finding the pool/deck in disarray the morning after a closing shift.
- Must be a current Clearwater lifeguard, however, there is no minimum number of years required to apply.
- For work absences: must find another Head Lifeguard to replace your hours.
- If you cannot find another Head Lifeguard, an exception may be made with permission from Amber, Steven, or Alex.
- Must be able to work 3-4 full day shifts per week, or more.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be available at least 5 of the remaining weeks of summer (as of July 1, 2023).
- For high school students, must be able to work afternoons in August while public school is in session.